Program content focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples.
The 210-260 Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) exam is associated with the CCNA Security certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of secure network infrastructure, understanding core security concepts, managing secure access, VPN encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, web and email content security, and endpoint security. This exam validates skills for installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of a secure network to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices. This exam also shows competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure.
Before attending this program, students must have:
- Skills and knowledge equivalent to those learned in Exam 100-105 : Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) 3.0
- A valid CCENT or a valid CCNA Routing and Switching or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts.
At Program Completion
After completing this program, students will be able to:
- Describe the components of a comprehensive network security policy that can be used to counter threats against IT systems, within the context of a security policy lifecycle.
- Develop and implement security countermeasures that are aimed at protecting network elements as part of the network infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain threat control and containment technologies for perimeter security in small and midsize networks.
- Describe secure connectivity strategies and technologies using VPNs, and configure site-to-site and remote access VPNs using Cisco IOS features.
- Describe the use of more advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management, etc.
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam.
- Security Concepts [12%]
- Secure Access [14%]
- VPN [17%]
- Secure Routing & Switching [18%]
- Cisco Firewall Technologies [18%]
- IPS [9%]
- Content & Endpoint Security [12%]
In fact, the above mentioned 7-domains (Skill sets) of current exam IINS version 3.0, better reflect current job roles and job tasks required in the jobs typically held by CCNA Security Certified individuals.
However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice. You are advised to consult here for information about latest CCNA Security Exam 210-260 topics.