Exam 200-355 : Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
The goal of the program is to provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to help design, install, configure, monitor and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks of a Cisco WLAN in Enterprise installations.
The 200-355 Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND) exam is the exam associated with the CCNA Wireless certification. It has been designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) and 802.11 technology essentials along with installing, configuring, monitoring and basic troubleshooting tasks needed to support Small Medium Business and Enterprise wireless networks.
- Learners considered for this training will have completed Exam 100-105 : Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)/ CCNA certification. This is a prerequisite.
- Learners considered for this training will have a basic knowledge of: - the Cisco lifecycle deployment - the SONA.
- It is also recommended that learners considered for this training would have a basic knowledge of: - Wireless standards (IEEE) - Wireless régulation environnent (FCC, ETSI, etc.) - Wireless certification organization (wifi alliance).
- Learners considered for this training will have demonstrated competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) equivalent to the following: - Basic computer literacy, including the use of general office software such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel - Basic Windows navigation and keyboard literacy skills - Basic Internet usage skills - Basic e-mail usage skills.
At Program Completion
After completing this program, students will be able to:
- Understand WLAN fundamentals
- Understand the basic RF principles and characteristics
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underling infrastructure used to support it
- Implement a Centralized wireless access network using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers
- Implement a Converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect, Autonomous or Cloud architectures
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting -describe the requirements for a WLAN design
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam.
- RF Fundamentals [13%]
- 802.11 Technology Fundamentals [13%]
- Implementing a Wireless Network [16%]
- Operating a Wireless Network [20%]
- Configuration of Client Connectivity [16%]
- Performing Client Connectivity Troubleshooting [13%]
- Site Survey Process [9%]
However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice. You are advised to consult here for information about latest CCNA Wireless Exam Topics.