Exam 300-101 : Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)
Students will learn to plan, configure and verify the implementation of secure enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions using a range of routing protocols.
The Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE 300-101) is a qualifying exam for the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP, and Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP certifications. The ROUTE 300-101 exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to use advanced IP addressing and routing in implementing scalable and secure Cisco ISR routers connected to LANs and WANs. The exam also covers configuration of secure routing solutions to support branch offices and mobile workers.
Before attending this program, students must have:
- Obtained the certification of CCNA : Routing & Switching
At Program Completion
After completing this program, students will be able to:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS features to control the path.
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
- Configure the highly secure routing solutions to support branch offices and mobile workers.
They are certified in using advanced IP addressing and routing in implementing scalable and highly secure Cisco routers that are connected to LANs, WANs, and IPv6. The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam.
- Network Principles [10%]
- Layer 2 Technologies [10%]
- Layer 3 Technologies [40%]
- VPN Technologies [10%]
- Infrastructure Security [10%]
- Infrastructure Services [20%]
However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice. You are advised to consult here for information about latest Topics of CCNP Exam 300-101.