Exam 640-878 : Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)
The program provides knowledge of the major components of a service provider network construction and the Cisco service provider IP NGN architecture.
The 640-878 Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 exam is associated with the Cisco CCNA Service Provider certification. This exam tests the knowledge and skills that are necessary to implement and support a service provider network.
Knowledge & skills equivalent to Exam 640-878 : Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
At Program Completion
After completing this program, students will be able to:
- Present a unified view of a service provider network in relation to Cisco IP NGN architecture
- Implement and verify VLANs and trunking. Configure HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP. Configure and verify OSPF and IS-IS, and describe MPLS LDP
- Describe the basics of link state routing protocols. Describe the operation and configuration of single area OSPF (including load balancing and authentication), IS-IS, common issues with IS-IS, and approach for troubleshooting problems
- Configure basic BGP to enable inter-domain routing in a service provider network
- Describe ACL and IP address translation
- Describe the fundamentals of Cisco IOS XR, and IOS XE software technology
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam.
- IP NGN Architecture [21%]
- Switched Network Technologies II [23%]
- Routed Network Technologies II [24%]
- Cisco Operating Systems and Platforms II [32%]
However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice. You are advised to consult here for information about latest CCNA SP Exam 640-878 topics.