Exam 70-246 : Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
This course is intended for datacenter administrators who are responsible for monitoring and protecting the private cloud infrastructure. It is also intended for solution architects who are responsible for designing private cloud architectures and extending existing private cloud solutions. The primary audience for this course is administrators who create service requests.
The secondary audience includes datacenter administrators—who are responsible for providing provisioning for applications including configuring and deploying those applications—application/service business owners, and administrators who implement service requests.
Another audience for this course is IT professionals who are looking to take Exam 70-246 : Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE : Private Cloud certification.
This course describes how to monitor and operate a private cloud with System Center 2012. Because this is an extensive technical domain that includes several individual products and technologies, it is strongly recommended administrators have prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 experience
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) knowledge
- Networking experience
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 70-410 : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 70-411 : Administering Windows Server 2012
- 70-412 : Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 services
An ideal candidate must have:
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products
- Knowledge of configuration of Microsoft SharePoint
- Hyper-V knowledge
- Knowledge of data center management processes
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Knowledge
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the private cloud infrastructure.
- Configure and optimize business unit clouds.
- Deploy cloud services.
- Monitor private cloud services.
- Configure application performance monitoring.
- Operate and extend service management in the private cloud.
- Automate incident creation, remediation, and change requests.
- Implement problem management in the private cloud.
- Automate Self-Service provisioning.
- Protect the resources in the private cloud by using Data Protection Manager.
- Configure compliance in the private cloud.
- Configure SLAs, dashboards, and widgets.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Configure data center process automation (15–20%)
- Deploy resource monitoring (20–25%)
- Monitor resources (20–25%)
- Configure and maintain service management (15–20%)
- Manage configuration and protection (20–25%)