Exam 70-411 : Administering Windows Server 2012
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 environment. The key focus for students in this course is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to manage and maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
Candidates would typically be System Administrators or aspiring to be System Administrators. They must have at least one year hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates must also have knowledge equivalent to that already covered in 70-410 : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course as this course will build upon that knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Real world hands on experience working with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge equivalent to that already covered in 70-410 : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy and Maintain Server Images
- Configure and Troubleshoot DNS
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage User and Service Accounts
- Implement a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy
- Configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server (NPS) role
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Optimize File Services
- Configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Implement Update Management
- Monitor Windows Server 2012
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Deploy, manage, and maintain servers (15–20%)
- Configure file and print services (15–20%)
- Configure network services and access (15–20%)
- Configure a Network Policy Server infrastructure (10–15%)
- Configure and manage Active Directory (15–20%)
- Configure and manage Group Policy (15–20%)