Exam 70-413 : Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience. This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise AD DS infrastructure including the network services necessary. Students have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification or equivalent skills. This course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413 : Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) : Server Infrastructure certification.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 and AD DS. For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Ability to work in a team or a virtual team.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows Server 2012 MCSA.
Students attending this course are expected to have passed the following exams, or have equivalent knowledge:
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Administering Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an Active Directory organizational unit infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS topology.
- Plan and implement storage.
- Plan and implement file services.
- Design and implement network access services.
- Design and implement network protection.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Plan and deploy a server infrastructure (20–25%)
- Design and implement network infrastructure services (20–25%)
- Design and implement network access services (15–20%)
- Design and implement an Active Directory infrastructure (logical) (20–25%)
- Design and implement an Active Directory infrastructure (physical) (20–25%)