Exam 70-414 : Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying Windows Server 2012 enterprise infrastructures including Active Directory and network services. Candidates would typically have experience with previous versions of Windows Server and have an MCSA : Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills. This course will help you prepare for Exam 70-414 : Implementing an Advanced Enterprise Server Infrastructure as part of the requirements for MCSE : Server Infrastructure certification.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Windows Server 2012 and AD DS, including planning, designing and deploying AD DS and network infrastructure.
- Using scripts and batch files.
- Security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Working on a team or with a virtual team.
- Creating proposals and making budget recommendations.
- Students should have achieved the Windows Server 2012 MCSA certification, as well as completed 70-413 : Designing and Implementing an Enterprise Server Infrastructure, or have equivalent knowledge.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the considerations for managing an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Plan and Implement networks and storage for virtualization.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines.
- Manage a virtual machine deployment.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy.
- Plan and implement high availability for file services and applications.
- Plan and implement a high availability infrastructure by using failover clustering.
- Plan and implement a server-updates infrastructure.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy.
- Plan and implement a public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Plan and implement an Identity Federation Infrastructure.
- Plan and implement an Information Rights Management (IRM) infrastructure.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Manage and maintain a server infrastructure (25–30%)
- Plan and implement a highly available enterprise infrastructure (25–30%)
- Plan and implement a server virtualization infrastructure (25–30%)
- Design and implement identity and access solutions (20–25%)