Exam 70-633 : TS - Managing Projects with Microsoft Project Server 2007
MCTS : Microsoft Office Project 2007 Server
* This exam is scheduled to retire on January 31, 2013.
Candidates for Exam 70-633 use Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 and Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 to manage and support projects in an Enterprise Project Management (EPM) environment. Candidates should have experience managing projects in the EPM environment, including risks, issues, documents, task progress, and timesheets. Familiarity with the key project management concepts and terminology found in the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) is recommended.
Skills Being Measured
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The information after "This objective may include but is not limited to" is intended to further define or scope the objective by describing the types of skills and topics that may be tested for the objective. However, it is not an exhaustive list of skills and topics that could be included on the exam for a given skill area. You may be tested on other skills and topics related to the objective that are not explicitly listed here.
- Initiating Projects
- Save Microsoft Office Project Professional projects.
- Create proposals.
- Create activity plans.
- Build a resource plan.
- Planning Projects
- Plan scope and cost.
- Plan time.
- Plan resources.
- Manage resource capacity.
- Create a risk item.
- Executing Projects
- Match and replace resources.
- Build Project Team with named resources.
- Distribute information to project stakeholders.
- Create a timesheet.
- Manage timesheets.
- Review and approve a timesheet.
- Monitoring and Controlling Projects
- Enter task updates.
- Manage status reports.
- Report data by using PWA.
- Manage issues and risks.
- Manage deliverables.
- Managing Project Professional and PWA Environments
- Access Project Center.
- Log on to PWA by using Windows Internet Explorer.
- Authenticate Project Professional to a project server.
- Set options.
- Create, save, or update enterprise templates.