Exam 70-640 : Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
This course is intended for Active Directory Technology Specialists, Server and Enterprise Administrators who want to learn how to implement Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environments. Those attending would be interested in learning how to secure domains by using Group Policies, back up, restore, monitor, and troubleshoot configuration to ensure trouble-free operation of Active Directory Domain Services.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic understanding of networking
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems
- An awareness of security best practices
- Basic knowledge of server hardware
- Some experience creating objects in Active Directory
- Basic concepts of backup and recovery in a Windows Server environment
- A good knowledge of Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista or Windows 7
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features and functionality of Active Directory Domain Services.
- Perform secure and efficient administration of Active Directory.
- Manage users and service accounts.
- Manage groups.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage enterprise security and configuration by using Group Policy settings.
- Secure administration.
- Improve the security of authentication in an AD DS Domain.
- Configure Domain Name System.
- Administer AD DS domain controllers.
- Manage sites and Active Directory Replication.
- Monitor, maintain and back up directory Service to ensure Directory Service continuity.
- Manage multiple domains and forests.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory (18%)
- Configuring the Active Directory infrastructure (17%)
- Configuring Active Directory roles and services (14%)
- Creating and maintaining Active Directory objects (18%)
- Maintaining the Active Directory environment (18%)
- Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (15%)