Lean Six Sigma is one of the most popular methodologies and well-known for the benefit of excelling in the cut-throat competition now prevalent due to rapid development in technology. The need for continuous improvement (CI) in various processes that drive every stage of the supply chain is evermore. More and more businesses are striving to reduce aberrations and genuinely aiming at high efficiencies. With the successful implementation by companies such as General Electric (GE) and Motorola, the top management of various types of organizations—Manufacturing, Services, IT, etc., is now more involved in equipping their task-force with a wide range of skill sets in order to achieve its mission. Here the Lean Six Sigma has got the approval of most companies, as it is a powerful tool that combines and increases its umbrella of application, along with its efficiency rate in cost cutting.
Six Sigma Training & Certifications
From the history of Six Sigma, it can be learnt that the key roles have been assigned and structured according to their expert level determined in accordance with the effort put in.
Value of such certifications is driven by a robust process to achieving the certification and success of certified professionals in many organizations. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification can mean additional $5,000–$15,000 per year in salary.
Six Sigma professionals are useful at all levels and are implemented in health care, manufacturing, service, and other type of industries (American Society for Quality 2012). There are trainings offered for black belts, master black belts, green belts, and yellow belts based on the karate color belt system as popularized by the “Godfather” of Six Sigma Mikel Harry. It determines how and what projects are assigned & allocated to them. Green belts serve on project teams and may also lead projects. But they do not require full-time responsibility, which is the key difference compared to black belts.
Luminis Six Sigma Green belt
- Collects data for analysis in projects taken up by black belt leaders
- Assists in cross-functional application across projects and teams
- Implements base-level tools
Luminis’ Six Sigma Green Belt, transforms the employee into a professional that understands the underlying Six Sigma principles, which at the same time have a necessary awareness of tools required for Lean thinking. Their mission is to analyze data and perform statistical functions accurately to identify variable relationships and distribution of data for further analysis. The trainees would be able to validate any points of disparity for effective communication across teams.
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Green Belt salary in India
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Jobs in India
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Green Belt salary in USA
Luminis’ Six Sigma Green Belt, is designed for certification of an individual at the “green belt” level. Six Sigma green belts are able to “lead” Six Sigma projects and apply their Six Sigma knowledge in order to produce bottom-line ‘Earning Before Interest And Taxes (EBIT)’ savings for medium-sized companies. They participate in large-scale Six Sigma projects led by black belts in larger organizations.
Luminis’ Six Sigma Green Belt, is subset of a very comprehensive training program ‘Luminis Six Sigma Black Belt’ and would emphasize over:
- DMAIC – A methodology for structured problem-solving
- Developing & leading business process improvement projects while linking them directly with explicit bottom-line benefits
- Proficiency over basic to intermediate statistical & quality tools, within the framework of DMAIC methodology
There is nothing which compares to the effectiveness of Six Sigma when it comes to improving a company/organization's operational efficiency, raising its productivity, and lowering its costs. Six Sigma improves design processes, gets products to market faster with fewer defects, and builds customer loyalty.
Brief Snapshot of
Training Contents for Luminis Green Belt Prorgram
- Overview and history of Six Sigma & Lean: Corporate implementation and investment in Lean Six Sigma initiatives
- Overview of Six Sigma certification and training programs, DMAIC vs DMADV
- Basics of Statistics, 7 Basic Statistical Tools, Six Sigma & normal Distribution curve
- Define: Identifying and planning for sponsorship investment to Six Sigma projects, organizing, planning, and setting specific project goals
- Measure: Identifying and validating measurements and measurement systems, running initial data and changing measurement system strategies, Attribute R&R studies, evaluating data baseline data and estimating new performance goals, determining sigma level
- Analyze: Identification of critical root-causes, validation of root-causes, Hypothesis Testing & other statistical analysis tools, identifying the need to redesign the process or product for success, Detailed process mapping, Value-stream Mapping, FMEA
- Improve: Introduction to Design of Experiments, generating & implementing solutions and fostering acceptance and buy-in, incorporating lean principles
- Control: Implementing Control Plan, SQC & other tools and dashboards for maintaining successful results
- Exam preparation