This course is intended for IT Professionals who administer and support Windows client operating systems and who want to acquire the skills necessary to manage, maintain, and support Windows 8 users, devices, applications, and cloud services in a domain environment. This audience includes desktop support technicians, consultants, and IT generalists who have hands-on experience with prior Windows client operating systems, basic configuration skills for Windows 8, and basic familiarity with related Windows Server network services in a domain environment.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Installing Windows operating systems and updates
- Configuring client network connectivity
- Installing Windows applications
- An understanding of how Windows computers integrate with server computers in a domain environment.
At the course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement local and remote management methods
- Plan and implement Windows 8 installation methods
- Manage user authentication and intranet connectivity
- Implement encryption and maintain endpoint security
- Manage user settings, profiles, file resources and print resources
- Manage and maintain remote access and extranet connectivity
- Manage and maintain Windows Store apps and desktop apps
- Configure cloud services and manage Windows 8 clients with Windows Intune
- Plan and implement Windows 8 recovery solutions
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Design an installation and application strategy (25–30%)
- Maintain resource access (25–30%)
- Maintain Windows clients and devices (25–30%)
- Manage Windows 8 using cloud services and Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (20–25%)