This course/exam is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience and want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment.
The secondary audience consists of those seeking certification in the 70-410 : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of and experience with configuring security and administration tasks in an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting or configuring Windows operating system clients.
- Good hands-on Windows client operating system experience with Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
- An understanding of basic Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts, such as the purpose of user accounts and computer accounts.
Students would also benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating system experience.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Use Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to secure Windows Servers.
- Implement server virtualization using Hyper-V.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Install and configure servers (15–20%)
- Configure server roles and features (15–20%)
- Configure Hyper-V (15–20%)
- Deploy and configure core network services (15–20%)
- Install and administer Active Directory (15–20%)
- Create and manage Group Policy (15–20%)