This course is intended for IT professionals with hands-on experience implementing, managing, and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Suitable candidates are typically experienced system administrators who have real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment.
The secondary audience for this course are candidates who plan to take Exam 70-412 : Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, or who want to acquire the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Good hands-on experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- Real-world experience implementing, managing, and configuring AD DS and networking infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge equivalent to courses 70-410 : Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, and 70-411 : Administering Windows Server 2012.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement advanced network services.
- Implement advanced file services.
- Implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement distributed Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployments.
- Implement AD DS sites and replication.
- Implement Active Directory Certification Services (AD CS).
- Implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Implement network load balancing (NLB).
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implement disaster recovery.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
- Configure and manage high availability (15–20%)
- Configure file and storage solutions (15–20%)
- Implement business continuity and disaster recovery (15–20%)
- Configure network services (15–20%)
- Configure the Active Directory infrastructure (15–20%)
- Configure identity and access solutions (15–20%)