MCTS : Microsoft Project 2010 Server
* This is a stand-alone exam and will be retired on January 31, 2014.
Candidates for this exam are responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of a Project Server 2010 implementation.
Candidates for this exam typically work as an Enterprise Project Management (EPM) consultant, a project server administrator, an IT professional, or a developer.
Candidates for this exam are experienced in implementing and supporting the Microsoft Project Server 2010 solution and also have experience with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008 technology.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The information after "This objective may include but is not limited to" is intended to further define or scope the objective by describing the types of skills and topics that may be tested for the objective. However, it is not an exhaustive list of skills and topics that could be included on the exam for a given skill area. You may be tested on other skills and topics related to the objective that are not explicitly listed here.
- Installing Project Server 2010 (23 percent)
- Configure prerequisites.
- Install software required for Project Server 2010 and related technologies.
- Manage a Project Server 2010 upgrade.
- Managing Resources and Security (25 percent)
- Configure for time management.
- Configure enterprise resources and organizational structure.
- Manage users and permissions.
- Configuring Project Server 2010 (25 percent)
- Configure enterprise project types and templates.
- Configure for Business Intelligence (BI).
- Configure metadata and views.
- Modify the Enterprise Global Template.
- Manage workflows.
- Administering Project Server 2010 (27 percent)
- Configure for data governance.
- Backup and restore Project Server 2010.
- Administer SharePoint for Project Server 2010 implementation.
- Monitor Project Server health.