Please note: Effective June 1, 2010 Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) is now known as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
Successful candidates for this exam have the equivalent of six months to one year of hands-on experience managing their own time, tasks, e-mail, and projects by using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and might have experience with previous versions of Microsoft Office Outlook. These candidates are especially effective and efficient at managing messaging (including automated messages and message security), managing schedules and tasks, managing contacts and personal contact information, and organizing information.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Six or more months of hands-on experience managing emails by using Outlook 2007.
At the course completion
This collection of online courses covers the core skills and knowledge you will need to get the most out of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Working with E-mail Messages in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Managing Mail and Contact Information in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Managing the Calendar in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Working with Tasks and Notes in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Sharing and Remotely Accessing Data in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
- Managing Messaging
- Managing Scheduling
- Managing Tasks
- Managing Contacts and Personal Contact Information
- Organizing Information