Please note: Effective June 1, 2010 Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) is now known as Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS).
Successful candidates for this exam have the equivalent of six months to one year of hands-on experience using Microsoft Office Access 2007 and might have experience using previous versions of Microsoft Access. They are especially effective and efficient at structuring databases, creating and formatting database elements, entering and modifying data, creating and modifying queries, presenting and sharing data, and managing and maintaining the overall database. These candidates are the Office Access 2007 gurus within their organizations.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Six or more months of hands-on experience creating and managing database tables, forms, queries, reports by using Access 2007.
At the course completion
This course covers the core skills and knowledge you will need to get the most out of Microsoft Office Access 2007.
- Getting Started with Access 2007
- Importing and Exporting Information in Access 2007
- Working with Forms in Access 2007
- Locating Specific Information in Access 2007
- Keeping Information Accurate and Secure in Access 2007
- Working with Reports in Access 2007
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
- Structuring a Database
- Creating and Formatting Database Elements
- Entering and Modifying Data
- Creating and Modifying Queries
- Presenting and Sharing Data
- Managing and Maintaining Databases