The core-level Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 user should be able to navigate Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 software at the feature and functional level. They should be familiar with and know how to use at least 80 percent of the features and capabilities of Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010. The core-level user should be able to use Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 to create and edit professional-looking presentations for a variety of purposes and situations. Users would include people from a wide variety of job roles from almost all areas of professional, student, and personal life.
Home and Office users taking this course should already be familiar with Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, or some other presentation application. Learners familiar with PowerPoint 2003 should complete Course ‘Introduction to the New Microsoft Office Fluent User Interface’.
At the course completion
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to create, enhance, customize, and share PowerPoint 2010 presentations.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Managing the PowerPoint 2010 User Interface
- Customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar
- Working with Text Boxes
- Working with Tables
- Inserting and Modifying Graphics and Illustrations
- Adding and Editing Animations
- Inserting and Editing Charts
- Working with Videos
- Creating, Editing, and Sharing Slide Shows
- Recording and Broadcasting Slide Shows
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The information after “This objective may include but is not limited to” is intended to further define or scope the objective by describing the types of skills and topics that may be tested for the objective. However, it is not an exhaustive list of skills and topics that could be included on the exam for a given skill area. You may be tested on other skills and topics related to the objective that are not explicitly listed here.
- Managing the PowerPoint Environment
- Creating a Slide Presentation
- Working with Graphical and Multimedia Elements
- Creating Charts and Tables
- Applying Transitions and Animations
- Collaborating on Presentations
- Preparing Presentations for Delivery
- Delivering Presentations