The core-level Microsoft Office SharePoint 2010 user should be able to navigate Microsoft Office SharePoint 2010 software at the feature and functional level. They should be familiar with and know how to use at least 80 percent of the features and capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint 2010. Users would include people from a wide variety of job roles from almost all areas of professional, student, and personal life.
Learners must be familiar with the basic concepts of SharePoint. They must have experience working with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2003 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007. Learners should complete Course ‘Introduction to the New Microsoft Office Fluent User Interface’ before taking this course.
At the course completion
This course is designed to help you use the SharePoint 2010 features to share information and manage content on a SharePoint site.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Customize the SharePoint 2010 Dashboard
- Work with Microsoft Office Files on a SharePoint Site
- Work with Lists and Document Libraries
- Work with Managed Metadata
- Overview of Records Management and Information Policies
- Work with Workflows
- Search for Content and People
- Configure My Profile and My Site
- Tag or Rate Content and use Note Board
- Work with Wiki and Blog Entries
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The information after “This objective may include but is not limited to” is intended to further define or scope the objective by describing the types of skills and topics that may be tested for the objective. However, it is not an exhaustive list of skills and topics that could be included on the exam for a given skill area. You may be tested on other skills and topics related to the objective that are not explicitly listed here.
- Creating and Formatting Content
- Managing SharePoint Sites
- Participating in User Communities
- Configuring and Consuming Site Search Results
- Integrating SharePoint 2010 Services and Microsoft Office 2010 applications