This exam is intended for:
Systems Engineers who need to plan a Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager deployment. They have three to five years of experience in medium to large enterprise organizations supporting multiple desktop and server computers that run Microsoft Windows.
Configuration Manager Administrators responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They have three to five years of experience in medium to large enterprise organizations supporting multiple desktop and server computers that run Microsoft Windows Server.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
System administrator-level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and management.
- Windows Server management including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Windows Client fundamentals.
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 including reporting services.
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure concepts.
- Configuration Manager features and administrative tasks including:
- Working with the Administrator console
- Installing clients
- Hardware and software inventory
- Working with collections
- Deploying applications
- Managing software updates
- Deploying operating systems
- Settings management
At the course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Configuration Manager 2012 infrastructure and describe typical deployment scenarios.
- Plan and deploy a single primary site.
- Plan and configure administrative roles.
- Plan and deploy a multiple-site hierarchy including the central administration site, primary sites, and secondary sites.
- Describe replication and data types, and monitor the replication of data throughout the hierarchy.
- Use various methods to plan and deploy Configuration Manager 2012 clients.
- Perform maintenance tasks and monitor site systems.
- Perform migration of objects from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
- Describe the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager feature set.
- Discover and organize resources.
- Manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Manage inventory and software metering.
- Query and report data.
- Manage software deployments by using packages and programs.
- Create and deploy applications.
- Manage application deployment.
- Deploy and manage software updates.
- Implement System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Deploy operating systems by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Manage compliance settings on devices.
- Manage mobile devices.
- Configure Wake On LAN, power management, and Remote Control.
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area on the exam.
The information after “This objective may include but is not limited to” is intended to further define or scope the objective by describing the types of skills and topics that may be tested for the objective. However, it is not an exhaustive list of skills and topics that could be included on the exam for a given skill area. You may be tested on other skills and topics related to the objective that are not explicitly listed here.
- Design and Plan System Center Configuration Manager Infrastructure (10-15%)
- Manage Operating System Deployment (OSD) (10-15%)
- Deploy Applications and Software Updates (10-15%)
- Manage Compliance Settings (10-15%)
- Manage Sites (10-15%)
- Manage Clients (10-15%)
- Manage inventory (10-15%)
- Manage Reports and Queries (10-15%)