Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Program (DMAIC)
Lean Six Sigma is one of the most popular methodologies and well-known for the benefit of excelling in the cut-throat competition now prevalent due to rapid development in technology. The need for continuous improvement (CI) in various processes that drive every stage of the supply chain is evermore. More and more businesses are striving to reduce aberrations and genuinely aiming at high efficiencies. With the successful implementation by companies such as General Electric (GE) and Motorola, the top management of various types of organizations—Manufacturing, Services, IT, etc., is now more involved in equipping their task-force with a wide range of skill sets in order to achieve its mission. Here the Lean Six Sigma has got the approval of most companies, as it is a powerful tool that combines and increases its umbrella of application, along with its efficiency rate in cost cutting.
Six Sigma Training & Certifications
From the history of Six Sigma, it can be learnt that the key roles have been assigned and structured according to their expert level determined in accordance with the effort put in.
Value of such certifications is driven by a robust process to achieving the certification and success of certified professionals in many organizations. Black Belt Certification can mean additional $20,000–$30,000 per year in salary.
Six Sigma professionals are useful at all levels and are implemented in health care, manufacturing, service, and other type of industries (American Society for Quality 2012). There are trainings offered for black belts, master black belts, green belts, and yellow belts based on the karate color belt system as popularized by the “Godfather” of Six Sigma Mikel Harry. It determines how and what projects are assigned & allocated to them.
Luminis Six Sigma Black belt
- Leads and trains the project teams consisting of green belt trainees to create problem-solving strategies
- Brings about dramatic transformational results
- Takes on taxing re-engineering projects that create sustainability
For majority of six sigma projects, a black belt is a trained professional who supports project teams, taking a leadership role in this effort. He is a full-time change-agent who is allocated to several projects. A black belt is usually a quality professional, but is often not an expert on the operational process within the scope of project.
A black belt-level employee must give full-time commitment by acting as an initiator. By being an initiator, he prepares an initial project assessment to estimate benefits and identifies the needed project resources. The technologist perspective must be applied to implement Six Sigma tools effectively and appropriately to be used in the DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) process. The practitioner is also a leader that identifies the barriers to protect the progress of project while leading the team involved and inform the sponsor about project status. The employee must be able to deliver results on time.
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Black Belt salaries in India, via PayScale.com
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Black Belt jobs in India, via Naukri.com
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Black Belt salaries in USA, via PayScale.com
- Find out Certified Six Sigma Black Belt jobs in USA, via GlassDoor.com
Luminis’ Six Sigma Black Belt, transforms the employee into a professional that understands the underlying Six Sigma principles, which at the same time have a necessary awareness of tools required for Lean thinking. Their mission is to analyze data and perform statistical functions accurately to identify variable relationships and distribution of data for further analysis. The trainees would be able to validate any points of disparity for effective communication across teams.
Luminis’ Six Sigma Black Belt program, is designed for certification of an individual at the “black belt” level. Six Sigma black belts are able to “lead, train, and manage” Six Sigma projects and apply their Six Sigma knowledge in order to produce bottom-line ‘Earning Before Interest And Taxes (EBIT)’ savings for all types of organizations. Demonstration of management abilities is required in the form of successfully leading Six Sigma project(s) based on experience levels.
Luminis’ Six Sigma Black Belt, is a very comprehensive training program and would emphasize over:
- DMAIC – A methodology for structured problem-solving
- Developing & leading business process improvement projects while linking them directly with explicit bottom-line benefits
- Proficiency over intermediate to very advanced statistical & quality tools, within the framework of DMAIC methodology
There is nothing which compares to the effectiveness of Six Sigma when it comes to improving a company/organization's operational efficiency, raising its productivity, and lowering its costs. Six Sigma improves design processes, gets products to market faster with fewer defects, and builds customer loyalty.
Brief Snapshot of
Training Program Contents for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Overview and history of Six Sigma & Lean: Corporate implementation and investment in Lean Six Sigma initiatives
- Overview of Six Sigma certification and training programs, Detailed discussion on DMAIC & DMADV Methodologies
- Basics of Statistics, 7 Basic Statistical Tools, Six Sigma & normal Distribution curve, more probability distributions
- Define: Identifying and planning for sponsorship investment to Six Sigma projects, organizing, planning, and setting specific project goals, developing project charter
- Measure: Identifying and validating measurements and measurement systems, running initial data and changing measurement system strategies, Attribute R&R studies, Gage R&R studies, evaluating data baseline data and estimating new performance goals, determining sigma level
- Analyze: Identification of critical root-causes, validation of root-causes, usage of advanced Hypothesis Testing & other statistical analysis tools, identifying the need to redesign the process or product for success, Detailed process mapping, Value-stream Mapping, FMEA
- Improve: Design of Experiments (DoE) advanced designs, generating & implementing solutions and fostering acceptance and buy-in, incorporating lean principles, cost-benefit analysis
- Control: Implementing Control Plan, SQC & other tools and dashboards for maintaining successful results
- Exam preparation