Exam 100-105 : Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) v3.0
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to implement and support a small switched and routed network.
The 100-105 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) is the exam associated with the CCENT certification and a tangible first step in achieving the CCNA Routing and Switching certification. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) program. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills related to network fundamentals, LAN switching technologies, routing technologies, infrastructure services, and infrastructure maintenance.
Before attending this program, students must have:
- Basic computer literacy Basic PC Operating System navigation skills Basic Internet usage skills Basic IP addressing knowledge
At Program Completion
After completing this program, students will be able to:
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs with an understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP model, TCP, UDP protocols; impact of Firewalls, Access Points, Wireless Controllers, cloud resources on enterprise infrastructure; Apply troubleshooting methodologies
- Establish Internet connectivity; Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv4 addressing and subnetting; Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv6 addressing
- Troubleshoot interface and cable issues (collisions, errors, duplex, speed); Configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs (normal/extended range) spanning multiple switches; Interswitch connectivity; port security
- Routing fundamentals, components of routing table; Configure, verify, and troubleshoot inter-VLAN routing; static routing and dynamic routing; distance vector and link state routing protocols; interior and exterior routing protocols; Configure, verify, and troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 static routing;
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RIPv2 for IPv4 (excluding authentication, filtering, manual summarization, redistribution)
- DNS connectivity, Lookup operations, Configure and verify DHCP on a router (excluding static reservations); Troubleshoot client- and router-based DHCP connectivity issues; Configure, verify, and troubleshoot NAT; NTP operations
- Configure and verify device-monitoring using Syslog; Configure and verify initial device configuration & device management; Perform device maintenance; Use Cisco IOS tools to troubleshoot and resolve problems; Describe network programmability in enterprise network architecture
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the exam.
- Network Fundamentals [20%]
- LAN Switching Fundamentals [26%]
- Routing Fundamentals [25%]
- Infrastructure Services [15%]
- Infrastructure Maintenance [14%]
However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes the guidelines below may change at any time without notice. You are advised to consult here for information regarding latest ICND1 Exam Topics.